Coast to Coast Ride

Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Chipley

We followed a ridge today. The terrain was alternately pastures and swamps. We're always hoping to see an alligator below us when we cross a bridge. There was some threat of thunderstorms in the afternoon so we wanted to complete our ride before we got wet. We just made it, pulling into a motel just as the first raindrops fell.

I finally managed to fall off my bicycle today. I rolled into the motel parking lot, swung my leg over the back of the bicycle, and hooked the leg of my shorts on the nose of the saddle. From that moment on, the only question was how long I could stall the inevitable crash. No harm done other than to my dignity.

Our motel reaches a new low for quality. At $30, we figured it would be shabby. The alternatives are all a few miles out of town at the interstate. We chose to go with decrepitude over more miles with rain threatening.

Steve decided to eat a late-morning sausage and biscuit. It was terrific. The locale? Another gas station/grocery! The percentage of our standout meals on this trip eaten in gas station parking lots is remarkable.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home