Coast to Coast Ride

Friday, October 24, 2008



October 23 - Thirteen days to go. I spend the day canvassing. The recommended procedure is to go in pairs for various safety reasons, but I enjoy going by myself. No issues of coordination and I get to choose when the bathroom stops occur. The precincts were housing developments with paved streets, house numbers, and closely-spaced houses, so the work goes fast. There is a change: for the first time, undecided voters are asking me to have a serious discussion about which candidate to support. Does this mean the voters have decided to focus on the election? A voter called the office to request a visit from someone to discuss issues in more depth. The voter happens to live a few doors from Ellie and Weldon, so I deputized Weldon to make a visit.


I hoping to find time for the 2.5-pound burrito challenge.

More dialling for volunteers in the evening. Some success. I learned from one of the people I called (I'm always out of the loop) that Barack will make an appearance in Albuquerque on Saturday. I hope to be able to attend. The appearance means that we have to accelerate our other activities. I left the office at 12:45 AM; at least four people were still there when I left.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home