Coast to Coast Ride

Sunday, August 12, 2007

August 10 Day 71 Port Colville Campground 68 miles 5:49
A day of frustrations, misunderstandings. Roy took off early to get breakfast in Port Ryerse some miles further on. Contrary to what was shown on our map, there is no cafe in Port Ryerse. Meanwhile, as is customary any time Roy is not doing the navigating, I took a couple of wrong turns, so we caught up with him late. In general, I was mistaken over almost everything all day. Bicycling all day gives one ample opportunity to brood upon the problems. Roy was ahead of Michele and me at the end of the day. I was mistaken about the distance to the campground, so I wasn't watching for him. If Michele hadn't spotted his bike outside the check-in station for the campground, I would have pedaled on eight more miles before realizing my mistake. Grumble, grumble!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home