Coast to Coast Ride

Wednesday, October 29, 2008




October 28 - Eight days to go. More volunteers are arriving. New ones from California and Texas. A few experiences from the streets. Sometimes there will be a Ziploc bag of water tacked to the wall of a trailer next to the doorway. If you can't afford a screen door, but you need to leave the door open for ventilation, you tack up the baggie next to the door because light refracted through the water prevents flies from passing through the doorway. People swear it works! At home, somebody might stop me to ask if I'm looking for a lost dog. Yesterday somebody stopped me to ask if I was looking for a lost goat. At one point, I was up a long driveway a mile from the nearest paved road. The voter I was visiting was knocked out that I had taken that much trouble to try to get his vote. Felt good. Roadrunners are fairly common. They look insane. Many houses have shrines by the doorway.

1 Comments:

At 9:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow - NM sounds like quite a place . . . that dog wasn't rabid, was it? rabies = not something you want to get. just saying. that's so cool that you got to be an Obama bouncer!

nicole

 

Post a Comment

<< Home