Coast to Coast Ride

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Michele and I set out to make personal bests riding the Palomares Canyon loop on Saturday. I'm pretty sure we succeeded, although I lost track of our time so I can't prove it. When we got back to the truck, I loaded my bike into the fork clamp in the back of the truck, but I got distracted before tightening the clamp. I drove off. Just as Michele was saying the bikes looked loose, my bike folded over into the bed of the truck.if both sides of the clamp had let go, everything would have been okay. One side retained its grip on the drop-out at the tip of the fork. The drop-out bent as the bike fell over! I'm on foot until the fork can be repaired. I hope a week will see it done.

1 Comments:

At 5:03 PM, Blogger Steve said...

Ouch! Oh well, better now than in 5 weeks. Did you take any pictures of the damage? Will you be taking the fork back to the builder for repair?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home