Coast to Coast Ride

Friday, February 03, 2012

Good news! Rodian Magri (builder of my bike frame) was able to fix the damage easily. Steel is a forgiving material.

So I was able to ride with Michele and Pepi on Wednesday. We took BART out to Castro Valley and rode home from there along Redwood Road. The weather was drizzly and foggy. I remembered my camera for a change. I stopped for a photo of the road disappearing into the mist ahead only to find the camera battery was dead. Michele and I peeled off our glasses for the downhills because we couldn't see for the water on the lenses. Somebody has probably invented windshield wipers for eyeglasses.

Forty-two days before we leave! I've been shopping around for how to get to San Diego with five bicycles. I don't want to take a plane or the train because then we have to box up the bikes. We can't fit all the bikes into a conventional car. Maybe we can get a car with a bike rack. Otherwise we may have to rent a truck to carry the bikes. We can't all fit in the truck so we would have to rent two vehicles. Problems, problems!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home